Sunday, July 1, 2012

St Marteen


St Marteen was our final port.  It was my least favorite but was enjoyable enough.  I thought it was overpriced and there wasn’t much going on. 


We arrived the first day of Carnivale which was super fun and we were very lucky to have that timing.  There was a ton of shopping to be had and a LOT OF WALKING.  We walked for miles along the beach and through the shops.  We walked through the city and around the port.  I wish I had a lot more to report at this port, but that was all there was to do.


 It was very hot and we had fun just checking out all the shops, but we really didn’t find any good deals, in fact just the opposite, but tried to enjoy ourselves anyway.  The funny thing is that a lot of the people we talked to said that this is one of their favorite islands.  They are probably the group that ended up at the Nudist Beach.  I might have enjoyed it more had I taken the time to do that too.  LOL!  Either way, it was nice to say I have been to this island, but it’s probably not one I would return to again.


No comments:

Post a Comment