Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fatten them babies up!

We were recently told this by yet another medical professional.  Yup, I am to fatten my babies up.  LOL. 

Thanks to creative eating habits of my children and their medically proven, incredibly high metabolisms, they do not gain weight like normal children.  We have to almost double their caloric intake every day just to keep them healthy and growing.

 Here comes the problems.  When your children are picky eaters, how do you do this??  Their pediatrician and I do not understand why they suddenly stop eating certain foods or refuse food all together, but I need to figure something out.  So we have put a plan in place and are going to try a few things.  Hopefully this will have my midgies growing correctly again. 

Between weight checks the last three weeks, Annaliece lost 9.8 BMI and Elizabeth lost 8.7 BMI without much height growth.  Elizabeth is luckily still measuring on the charts, but we can't even get Annie to MAKE a chart!  LOL.  Poor thing is so tiny!  So, if you know any good strategies, recipes, ideas, or options, give me a call. 

We REFUSE to medically mess with their metabolisms, so please don't suggest I try the protein complex that PCMC happily doses to preemies in our position.  There has not been enough long term research for me to agree to something like that.  I would rather small children than 16 year old girls with weight problems because their metabolism doesn't work right.  But anything else I am open to....  Ready, GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment